Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Sexy Edge


Last weekend I had the opportunity to shoot Boudoir Pics for a very close friend of mine. This is just one of the images from that session. I have to admit this shoot was a blast. It was amazing what letting down your hair can do for a two and a half hour shoot!

My friend is an amazing person inside and out. The pics were a celebration of a new chapter in her life. She has spent the last 20 some years completely dedicated to raising her two children on her own. In less than a month, her youngest child will be graduating high school. These pics were her way of celebrating the fact that she has, through all she's been through, remained beautiful and sexy.

After the shoot, I started thinking about what sexy really is. I have always thought that sexy went way beyond the physical. Outward beauty can be sexy, but it is an attitude and a confidence that brings out the sexiness in a person. For those of you out there shaking your heads and thinking where is she going with this?...Hang on!

Physical sexiness...I am into hands. To me, strong hands on a man is sexy. Eyes...hmmm, those are sexy. My friend has great eyes and I spent a lot of this shoot focusing on them. (When we finally launch our Facebook site, you can see more of them, I promise.)

But I strongly believe that sexy is not full out nudity. For some reason that just doesn't appeal to me. When looking at other photographers and seeing some of the photos posted on their Boudoir Portfolios, I was more intrigued with the images where the women were clad in sexy lingerie that was not too revealing. I was drawn to images that complimented the female form, and hinted at the woman's inner sexiness but only revealed just enough to intrigue. These are the types of images we focused on last weekend and I think they turned out pretty good!

For the most part, I think Boudoir Pics are a great idea for brides who want to capture how young and beautiful they are at the time of their wedding. They are also a great idea for those of us who still have a lot of sexy left and want to share it with our significant other!

If you are interested in having a Boudoir Session, let me know. It could possibly be the most fun two hours of your life (well, maybe not, but I'll bet the images could contribute to a few!)

Jill



No comments:

Post a Comment